Getting a Destination Wedding? After all the happiness, the next worry is Wedding shopping for your trousseau, right?
Getting a completely new wardrobe is a dream of every girl when an Indian girl gets married. For such a dream, your parents don’t even say ‘No’ to anything. There is no end to putting money during wedding. Well we should save money wherever we can, right? Save it for your next shopping during your honeymoon or a good destination wedding photographer in udaipur is a better option too.
So how should you go about the shopping for your wedding? Where should you save it?
We will guide you in a way that might help you enough for your wedding shopping.
Your Main Outfits-
- Wedding Outfit
- Tilak/ Enagagement/Reception Outfit
- Sangeet and Mehendi Outfit- If you’re planning a Destination wedding, vibrant color works quite better for photographs, Consult your Destination Wedding Photographer for this. This is one of the most fun function and your outfit should be comfortable enough to accommodate all the kinds of dancing to have fun and save on the heavy work.
- Haldi/Pooja Outfit- Save! The outfit is going to get dirty and for pooja, pick a nice Anarkali or Saree out of your trousseau collection and Hoila, You save!
Trousseau ( Saree, Suits, Western, others)
- Trousseau Saree’s : In most families, your mom will insist on at least 11 sarees in your collection. But if you aren’t a saree person, then maximum of 5 will do the work. Don’t buy too heavy or too light sarees. You can save on by buying a mid range red saree as red gives the look of a ‘newly wed’. Other four sarees can incorporate 2 of not very heavy sarees to save on and two can be little heavy and not too much that you just don’t wear after one month of your marriage.
Fashion changes in a blink so buy the ones you know you will wear and pick the rest as the fashion changes.
- Suits: Even if you are hard-core western clothes girl, don’t plan to wear then in the first few months of your marriage. Suits are definitely your saviors if you don’t wear sarees much. You will need more of suits so make sure you save! You can go for ready made suits these days considering they are available in all price range making it economical enough.
Anarkali is a god’s sent gift when you don’t plan to wear saree and still you have to wear a good heavy dress. Don’t buy all your suits as Anarkali for matter you know fashion keeps changing.
- Western Wear: Even though you are crazy about western wear but buy those you will need during the honeymoon, the rest can be bought later as the fashion changes.
Buying lot of t-shirt, shorts, tunics, jeans, dresses like a pair of good mixture of 10 garments is a good option. Pieces from Shopper’s Stop, Globus and even the roadside guys have good stuff or the ones who gets the export stuff. All you need to do is dig in deep to find the best to save on your pocket!
You can save easily on western wear. Save as much as you can!
- Others: Bags, Shoes, and Artificial Jewellery: You can save a lot! Sticking to the basic color is a feasible idea.Colors like Gold, Silver, Black, beige are the ones which goes will all.
- If you are brand conscious, shop during sale! You Save a lot!
- If you know your wedding date before hand, go shopping during off- season as the sale during wedding season are not so use as the inflated rates with discount tags doesn’t lead us anywhere.
- Plan your shopping. Know what you want to buy and stick to it. Making a list before hand is a good idea because sticking to it will not make you buy unnecessarily.
So whether to save or not, Enjoy yourself for matter this moment comes once in a lifetime when you shop for your wedding. After all getting a brand new Wardrobe is for the lucky ones!
Hope these tips will help you save good amount.
Have a Happy Trousseau Shopping!